COVENANT OF RELATIONSHIPS
BETWEEN CHURCHES AND THE CLEVELAND BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
THE CHURCH COMMITS ITSELF AS FOLLOWS:
1. To affirm the purposes of the Association as stated in the Constitution and to work in a cooperative spirit towards their fulfillment.
2. To affirm the purpose of the American Baptist Churches USA and to conduct itself in a way which shall bring credit to the mission of Jesus Christ.
3. To contribute a reasonable share of its annual income to the American Baptist Mission Budget, giving serious consideration to tithe as a worthy goal, but no less than 1% of the church’s total annual operational income, to the United Mission Program of ABCUSA. This shall be interpreted as needed by the Department of Mission Promotion.
4. To be represented at meetings of the Association by the pastor and lay delegates whenever possible; to be represented whenever possible at the Biennial Meetings of ABCUSA.
5. To report annually to the Association on standard American Baptist forms the record of membership, finances, and officers.
6. To participate in the activities, meetings, committees, boards, departments and auxiliaries of the
Association through attendance and a sharing of leadership.
THE ASSOCIATION COMMITS ITSELF AS FOLLOWS:
1. To provide to the Covenanting Churches these privileges of affiliation with ABCUSA including:
(a) Participation for its ministers in the Retirement and Health Plans of the Ministers and Missionaries Benefit Board (MMBB).
(b) Tax Exempt Status for the church under the American Baptist Group Exemption.
(c) Eligibility for loans, building counsel, etc., from the American Baptist Extension Corporation (ABEC)
(d) Participation by the church and its ministers in the American Baptist Personnel Services (ABPS).
(e) All delegate privileges in the Association and at the Biennial Meetings of ABCUSA.
(f) The right of members to serve on the Board of Trustees of the Cleveland Baptist Association and
the General Board of ABCUSA.
2. In addition, the Association offers the following to Covenanting Churches. These privileges are also provided to Local Affiliates:
(a) The right to serve on all committees, departments and taskforces of the Cleveland Baptist
(b) The use of all resources, counsel, and programs of ABCUSA and the Cleveland Baptist Association.
(c) The hand of Christian Fellowship in serving Christ in the Greater Cleveland area.
(d) The services of the staff of the Association to assist the church and its ministers in fulfilling their